Tuesday 12 February 2013

pan pastel challenge - love and romance




Sorry its taken me as few days to blog this weeks pan Pastel Challenge but naughty Mr Blogger decided I wasn't allowed to add any pics.

The theme this week is love and romance and I decided to do a simple page in my A5 landscape journal.

I started by just randomly wiping colour from the magenta and turquoise pans directly onto the page.

I LOVE the Maimeri mediums and the iridescent medium as a lovely sheen to it so I mixed a little on my craft mat with some magenta pan pastel. I then used a sponge to apply it thru a heart mask.  That was then put to one side to dry......Nah!who am I kidding I'm so not that patient... I blasted it to death with my heat gun till it was dry!

Then I took my black graph it marker and doodled a border round the edge and drew round the hearts. Finally I filled in the border gaps with a white posca pen and added a simple sentiment using Tim Holtz Chit Chat word stickers.

I love the sheen on the hearts and I know that the hearts aren't perfect and the medium is over the edges in places. But I'm ok with that.. I'm learning to embrace imperfection. I also have no idea why my final pic was taken before I added the checked border lol.



I'll be back hopefully later this week with some sneak peeks at what ill be showing you on create and craft on Thursday

Until then please check out the other project on the pan pastel challenge blog and do join in - you don't have to use pastels so get creating!!

Heart mask by Crafter`s workshop
Words from Chit chat pad by Tim Holtz
White posca pen from art from the heart
Pan pastels, graph it marker and iridescent medium from Your Creativity Store.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I love your hearts, you have a real ice cream colour thing going on here. Don't you just hate it when blogger won't let you play?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracie, love the colours you've used. Those hearts are such a scrummy pink and it looks fab with the black.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece Tracie and the iridescent hearts are gorgeous.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete